Thursday, May 18, 2006

A Little More of What I Have Learned

1. When you blog about Golden Corral it seems to spark passion in people. In fact that is the only reason I included it here.

2. That either my daughter is especially mature or I am especially immature. It seems we are starting to share the same peer group. I met some of my friends at my daughter's softball game Monday. After the game she went out to eat with some of her friends. They were all the same people. Maybe it's not about me or her, maybe our friends are schizo(no offense, and no offense).

3. Wes C. cracks me up. He could blog professionally(I, however, intend to maintain my amateur status so I can blog in the Olympics).

4. From 1977 to present day there have been not less than eight people killed in rafting/kayaking accidents on the Gauley River in West Virginia. Many of whom were listed as "Experienced."

5. Losing your gut at age 32 is much more difficult than not having one at age 26. Warning to all: Food tastes much better after age 26.

6. The oatmeal at Frisch's it not nearly as good as Bob Evans.

7. There is something about riding a bicycle that make people think you are a wimp. On separate occasions I have had a tennis ball and a football thrown at me. Of course it didn't enter my mind to retaliate(WWJD?); and perhaps I am a wimp.

8. The lexicon is expanding faster than my mind. What does "'sich" mean?

9. Many of the blogs I encounter contain deep theological statements and observations. Now mine does too.

10. The new voting machines look like Paul Bunyon's Palm Pilot.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sitch = situation

Anonymous said...

Does that mean if I'm inexperienced, then I'll be okay on the Gauley?

Anonymous said...

the cold water of the Gauley and inevitable lactic acid buildup in my arms from trying to paddle concern me. can we fish while in the raft?

on a somewhat unrelated note, the Porter I vs. Porter II softball rematch is Tuesday at 8:30. it is unfortunate that Porter II is winless despite some valiant efforts and horrible officiating, especially last game.

anyway, perhaps the proper word can be spread/blogged to everyone and their mother about this upcoming showdown, and some good ole Christian revenge on Porter I and their wives' club can be had. (maybe there should be team steroid injections for Porter II before the game??) bring the noise and da funk. bring megaphones, bring a boombox, heck bring a block-party soundsystem and blare some Hammer tunes and have a tailgating DDR! good times can be had fo sho.

sorry for the rambling blog. Elementary Intersocial Volition rules! (so does O'Doyle)

p.s. anyone have some venture capital to help build a Golden Corral?

Wes said...

Well Nate I can't sleep, so I decided to comment on all ten thoughs from your post.

1) Never been to Golden Corral. Can't say that I really wanna go.

2) It just means she likes hanging out with her dad. That's a good thing, you are lucky.

3) I'm not sure there are pro bloggers out there.

4) Rafting scares the living daylights out of me.

5) You should come to the gym with me and Wiley.

6) Not a big oatmeal fan.

7) Chicks dig bikes. Oh wait, that's motorcycles. Nevermind.

8) Sich = situation

9) Deep thougts are good, but you must use them sparingly.

10) Do you think Paul Bunyon was so busy that he needed a Palm Pilot.

Well that wasted about 10 minutes and now I am a little more tired. Typing makes me sleepy.

Anonymous said...

With Wes never having been to Golden Corral and with Sarah and Nea bad-mouthing it so, I have made a marketing decision.

We need to have a social outing.
It is time to plan
"Elementary Intersocial Volition Night at Golden Corral."
(Golken Girl is in charge of planning...she loves the GC)

I'll have Kinkos make us a banner.

Anonymous said...

Also,
I'm putting the Porter I v. Porter II Showdown on pmbcsingles20.blogspot.com

We'll show those married guys(so should my wife leave the stroller at home?).

Anonymous said...

hey wes...when i can't sleep i read nate's blog too!!

Anonymous said...

sarah....could you try?
if at Gauley he floats by
do not let Nate die!!