Saturday, April 01, 2006

Wow, that was fast!!!

Okay, so I decided to start this blog thing. My original intent was to keep it on the DL. Not out of any need for secrecy, I just wanted to practice a little before I spread my knowledge to the masses. Then by some voodoo computer magic Sarah F. busts me within seven seconds of me setting this thing up. I thought I would get a couple of days anyways, but literally instantly I was discovered.

So I figured cool, it's out there, lets see what people say. What it did was turn me into a person obsessed with checking for comments. I am now checking email about 47 times a day to see if anyone has posted anything. It's like I am in college again and have just passed a note to a girl that says, "I like you, do you like me? Check one." and now I have to see her response. I live for the comment....it is sad.

Before, I was secure in my technology...I'd check email when I felt like it. Usually like once a month. Now I find myself thinking, "Should I get a Blackberry?" Or, "I could set it up to email me on my phone when I get a comment!'

The effects are starting to show on my family. I think I am neglecting my kids to check for comments. My sons ask my wife who I am, my daughter is dating a hair dresser, and my wife keeps spending time with some "friend" named Noel. The worst part is I found out all of this through a comment posted by our neighbor.

So basically what I am saying is....Comment, please make comments, don't let my family suffer in vain!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok..its official..u can no longer get mad when i check my myspace a thousand times a day...and now i never can anyways because when i want to get on..U ALREADY R!

<3 jordan(ur daughter)
ps-- im so glad u have a blog now so we can keep in touch!

pss--me and jerome(the hairdresser if u r wondering) are getting married in a month

Anonymous said...

hi honey how have ya been? Could you let the dog out and also pick up some chocolate milk after work? I had a birthday party for Hayes last night at the house. My friend Noel helped me w/ it. I'm thinking of letting Jordan's boyfriend cut my hair... a short punk style or maybe a fro. Noel says I should go a little shorter. I'm glad to have such a great friend. Hope to talk to you soon, maybe you could get IM? Love, Betty

Anonymous said...

Betty,

Thanks for the fun times at Hayes' b-day party. That Noel guy is so nice. . . and hot, too. Definitely a step up from the current guy that's living at your house.

Jordan,

Are we still on for that double date this weekend? We have to get plans in order for your crazy Bachelorette party! It will be similar to the fun times we had on the ski trip!!

Anonymous said...

well.... now I feel obligated to leave random comments several times a day... hmmmmm... I guess I do that anyway... O.K. so this will be my new gateway to extreme procrastination. I needed a new one anyway. I'm supposed to be revising my paper that is due today, but I just wouldn't feel right about doing that before I make sure Nathan has something new to read. I am dissapointed though. I don't think anything new has gone up on your blog for like an entire day. Just started, and you are already falling behind. Come on now, I have a whole days worth of classes to procrastinate for. Don't leave me hangin'.

Anonymous said...

Nathan,
Seriously, Linnea is going crazy because you didn't put up any new posts today. Please . . . please for my sanity, POST A BLOG so Linnea won't freak out on me anymore. It's scary. She has a knife in her hand right now. I may have to give her some sedatives to calm her down. HELP!
Sarah