Saturday, November 24, 2007

See Dog Run

Dave Blake has created a monster. Okay, he didn't create it, but through his blog he has definitely introduced me to one. This website that tells you the reading level of your blog absolutely amazes me. Not to brag but as you are reading this you are reading at the collegiate undergrad level. Simply stated reading this blog is like reading a Calculus book...wow, there is some fun reading.

That said, I have spent the last couple of days truly pondering the reading level of my blog. A prideful part of me wants to amp it up...to drop some diction if you will. Dave stated that a couple of the blogs he tested on the site came back as collegiate post-grad reading levels...show offs. I ran another friend of mine's blog and his came back at a genius reading level...I don't understand this because his posts have never made any sense to me.

Another part of me wants to "keep the cookies on the bottom shelf" if you will. I want people to feel comfortable when they read this blog. Thinking back to my collegiate reading days does not relax me...getting letters suggesting that I think of other possible majors other than Engineering, or other letters suggesting possibly trying a different college all together, or Failing "Statics" only to retake it and barely get a "D"...these are not what I want people to be reminded of when they read this college level reading blog.

But, I also have no reservations about admitting that I am definitely the dullest crayon in the tool shed. The folks that read this blog are intellectual and I don't want to insult them by writing below their level. What to do...What to do...

Well, anyway, here's my newest post:

Betty set up our Christmas tree. After much consternation and deliberation she ultimately decided to install a tree of a brummagem and humanly produced nature. The tree is pretty. She has compiled various accessories which are decorative and sentimental to furbelow and bedizen our ersatz pinus strobus. She hung them on the tree. The adornments include vestiges such as "Elvis Pressley clad in splendiferous accouterments commonly associated with the mid 1970's" and "Yoda donned in a millenery similar to that attributed to Saint Nicholas." Yoda is funny. Our canine finds consuming said baubles quite piquant and this acerbates my helpmeet to the point of near assassination. See dog run.

Read your own level.

16 comments:

Nate said...

This post dropped me to highschool.

Anonymous said...

Mine was ranked "Genius" only because I actually used that term to describe Mark Twain! If it existed, your ranking would actually be "Jive Turkey."

Anonymous said...

there are crayons in the tool shed?

Nate said...

duh, where do you keep yours?

Anonymous said...

i don't use crayons anymore. i stick with the markers. duh.

Anonymous said...

you mean YOUR canine

Anonymous said...

If you're going to keep your rankings high, page views increasing, and clientele happy, you gotta post more than once a week, daaawwg!!!

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE RATINGS!!!

TaylorW said...

I think your blog reading level is perfect...

or maybe that's just b/c it's on my reading level...

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE BLOGGERS CODE OF CONDUCT. SEE SECTION 32.179 POSTING IN A TIMELY MANNER

Anonymous said...

CV cCD0IVGF,TTRTRFRVGF,BGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUgaqhayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

Hayes, you said it dude.

Anonymous said...

your last sentence: "read your own level". how can read if nobody posts?

Eric Patrick Marr said...

I'm gonna start posting here myself if I don't see some action soon. What the...???

This is a blog -- not the World Book Encyclopedias in yo' momma's crib that collect dust for 60 years!

Anonymous said...

Yes Eric, I do beleive it may be time to cross blog ole Nate if he doesn't meet up to his responsibilities as a blogger!

Anonymous said...

it also may be time for me to check my spelling before i hit enter...i do BELIEVE!

Anonymous said...

His blog is only rated highschool, BC, so spelling isn't so important... Ha!