Friday, May 25, 2007

I'm Kore (Its NateSlang for "Hard Core")

I admit it, I'm a pretty hard-core outdoors man. I own a tent. I used to own a Jeep. I've read "Into Thin Air" and "Walden." Heck, I subscribe to "Outside" magazine. I got a gift certificate to J&H Outdoor store for Christmas. I own a pair of Keen shoes. I've killed a three point buck. I think you get the point. Yeah, I'm kore.

Tomorrow I'm going rock climbing in the New River Gorge. People keep asking me to be their belayer. It's cause I'm kore. They say I have the gift of gravity. When they are hanging off that cliff they want me on the other end of that rope. It's cause I'm kore.

The way I see it, I'm a natural born rock climber. I was made for elevation. When I was in college I worked at Ball Homes. One day they asked me to climb a pretty tall ladder. I looked my boss straight in the eye and said, "Dude, I like my job but I will quit and go home before I climb that eight foot step ladder."

The way I see it, I'm a natural born belayer also. I wear size 38 pants. I can eat two Big Macs at one setting. I love biscuits and gravy. Yeah, I have the gift of gravity. And I'm kore.

Anchor.

15 comments:

queenhaiku said...

now, i've seen you in a 36 recently...and i have the pictures to prove it...

Anonymous said...

you may be Kore, but ya still hold your nose when ya fall in the river.

Anonymous said...

kore is three big macs. can you do it?

Anonymous said...

that's why the lame duck try-athlon took him so long last year...when you hold your nose while you swim, you tend to go in circles

Anonymous said...

what do they call the person that has to help you put on your harness? You still want to claim 'kore'?

Bridger Anne said...

Hope you had fun...Are "kore" and "chicken strap" synomyns? If so, you are definitely kore :-)

Anonymous said...

we should get him a noseplug...then it will be much easier for him to 'chicken strap' the rapids!!

queenhaiku said...

i will not haiku
until you continue to
post on something new

Anonymous said...

You Kore enough to post something new?

Anonymous said...

hey kore...you've become a bore

Anonymous said...

have you ever wondered why you are so sore when you've been riding in a car for a couple of hours but your not when you've been sitting watching tv for several hours? i must conclude that the experts are wrong...tv IS good for you!!!

Anonymous said...

I think since you're home all alone you'd have time to blog...helloo?? Has somebody Imperiused you or something? :-)

Anonymous said...

Big Macs really aren't all that big, in actuality. Compared to Kobayashi's 64+ hotdogs (Nathan's Hot Dogs, ironically) in 12 minutes, you ain't THAT kore. McDonald's should do a Big Mac eating contest -- THAT would be enticing!

Anonymous said...

Due to inactivity your blog will be terminated in 7 days. If you do not post within 7 days, your site will be shut down. This is a warning from the blogsphere administrator.

Anonymous said...

your adoring fan would like to hear about the midsummer night's run and the lame duck please