Tuesday, July 25, 2006

What I Have Learned Recently

1. When you take your two year old to the ER with a spiral break of the femur the doctors and P.A.'s tend to look at you accusingly.

2. When you tell them that he "fell at day-care" the doctors and P.A.'s tend to look at you accusingly.

3. When Child Protective Services find out that your two year old has a spiral break of the femur and comes to interview you, the social worker tends to look at you accusingly.

4. When you tell the social worker from Child Protective Services that he "fell at day-care" she tends to look at you accusingly.

5. When you walk your two year old around the hospital while he is hopped up on valium and he giggles constantly and says stuff like "I have hands!" and "My friends are going to the party" the other folks in the hospital tend to look at you accusingly.

6. When you get home and walk your two year old around the neighborhood so he can show off his new body cast your neighbors tend to look at you accusingly.

7. When you approach your two year old, who is in a body cast, with a syringe of medicine he tends to look at you accusingly.

8. When your two year old throws up(to quote the 2 yr old "blows chunks") full of the medicine you just gave him all over you, he tends to look at you accusingly.

9. When your three year old, who is staying with his grandparents while your two year old is in the hospital, goes up to them in only his underwear and says, "You wanna hear me toot?" they tend to look at you accusingly.

10. When you blog about what your family has been through in the past few days in a lighthearted way your readers tend to....hey, quit looking at me like that.

13 comments:

Kelly K said...

I am one reader who would do no such thing! Right there with you guys. Very funny post. You need anything you let me know.

Jordan said...

I talked to another social worker today, Dad. No worries I told her everything you told me to(I just forgot what to say for one bruise--so I used falling down the stairs again.) Sorry, please please don't get mad. I think she believed me.

Anonymous said...

hey man... praying for you guys.. and especially the little guy!!!

Anonymous said...

when your wife goes out of town and leaves you with the 2 and 3 year old for the first time and she has to go straight to the ER...she tends to look at you accusingly...not really...but it was fun to tell the social worker "I was out of town and don't know what happened...ask him!"

Anonymous said...

At least I was no where near the accident or my sister would be looking at me accusingly.

Anonymous said...

at least Hayes will get a new wardrobe out of the deal, even if it consists of t-shirts conveying such messages as "I do my own stunts" and "my brother told me to." No worries though, I'm sure when he is old enough to look back on the pictures the same face will re-appear time and time again!!!

Anonymous said...

...again not funny! Speak clearly...people under stress hear funny things. Ahh, the things Steph and I have to look forward to by raising a little boy. Did someone say Graeter's? Just say when!!!

Anonymous said...

personally..MP...i think it was a freudian slip and he really did say my partner.

Anonymous said...

on a positive note...at least now i can always find him.

CatFish said...

funny. sad. real. serious. scary. sorry.

Anonymous said...

when you let your blogwell run dry people tend to look at you accusingly...

Nick C. said...

still haven't seen him in it. it's hard to belive that Hayes Cornett could be still for as long as he has to. i feel sorry for him.

Anonymous said...

hello...its blaugust!!!!post up big nate!