Friday, August 25, 2006

Emotion Breaks My Silence

This blog has been on near hiatus status for some time now. But the travesty of yesterday has forced me to speak out. I am overwhelmed with emotion. Hurt and confusion have marked the past thirty hours of my life. When you lose something foundational, as we all have, how do we not get emotional? How do we act as if nothing has happened?

Pluto is no longer a planet. Pluto is no longer a planet.

In what I can only call The Pluto Seminar a bunch of "astronomers" gathered together in Europe to cast a bunch of marbles to decide upon the planetary destiny of the small orbital we all love so.

And just like that, Mickey Mouse's dog isn't a dog anymore, he's a cat or a pluton or something.

This atronometric snobbery must be put to an end. We must stand up for the little "planets" that cannot stand for themselves. What has Pluto ever done to anyone? What's next...Jupiter's too big, Mars and Venus make corny books, Neptune is too blue.

I haven't felt this much loss since the XFL folded.

And they best leave Uranus alone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't think you need to worry about anyone messing with uranus!

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is all I can say.

Anonymous said...

the XFL folded???

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda feeling a little sorry for your post...pluto may have lost it's status as a planet, but at least it's getting some comments :-)

Anonymous said...

NEW POST